Community Keepers: School Counsellor\ Social Worker
Community Keepers delivers psycho-social services to primary and high school learners in the Cape Winelands and Cape Town. They deliver a variety of services to learners including assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Community Keepers seeks to appoint Counsellors or Social workers to be based in Cape Town.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of all services delivered at the school
- Providing individual and/or group therapy; obtaining collateral; giving feedback and recording of data
- Maintaining relationships with learners, educators and parents
- Liaising with parent committees to organize parenting sessions; contributing to professional development sessions with educators.
- Presenting life skills programmes
- Tertiary qualification and registered with the SACSSP as a Social Worker, or registered with HPCSA as a Registered counsellor.
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context and sound ethical principles of practice.
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development.
- Outstanding administrative skills with proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions.
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organization.
The successful candidates will be based at a Community Keepers office at a High School in the Stellenbosch area. The starting date for this position is within the third school term of 2021.
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/vacancies/) and submit to email@example.com with “School counsellor / Social Worker: Cape Town”, depending on your qualification, in the subject line. Please note that we do not consider other documentation for applications. Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
For more information about Community Keepers, refer to www.communitykeepers.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies