- Information technology
- Head Office, JHB
- Security Administrator
- Life Healthcare is seeking a Security Administrator based at Life Healthcare Head Office, Dunkeld. The Security Administrator’s role is to ensure the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections. This includes checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting. This person will also analyse and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.
- Critical Outputs
- Strategy & Planning
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Design and implement a disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Assess need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain protection services and products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Deploy, manage, and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, Email Security, and Endpoint Security software.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Manage connection security for local area networks, the company website, the company Intranet, and e-mail communications.
- Manage and ensure the security of databases and data transferred both internally and externally.
- Design, perform, and/or oversee penetration testing of all systems to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and report on security system and end user activity audits.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Recommend, schedule (where appropriate), and apply fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
- Download and test new security software and/or technologies.
- Perform a variety of real-time threat analysis activities.
- Effectively triage security alerts, events, and notifications.
- Logging, managing and coordinating service requests through to resolution.
- Enforce data loss prevention policies across the company using technical preventive controls.
- Assist with improving overall security posture as well as hardening of security controls.
- Perform system backups.
- Provide on-call security support to end-users.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or related fields
- Information Security Certifications – S+, SSCP, CASP, CISSP (Advantageous)
- Good working knowledge of Security related legal and regulatory requirements specifically PCI-DSS
- An understanding of PCI-P2PE, POPIA and Information Security best practices.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an information security or similar role.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exposure to Endpoint Security Solutions i.e. Traditional Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response technologies.
- Experience in Malware Analysis and Threat Hunting.
- Experience in Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Device Control.Experience in Encryption technologies.
- Planning and organizing
- Deadline driven
- Ability to handle pressure
- Building relationships
- Attention to detail
- Closing date
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Candidate must be willing to gain a thorough knowledge of Compensation & Benefits in general as well as a good understanding of the Life Healthcare retirement funds. Customer focus and sound judgement skills are critical. Good organisational skills are essential.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.