Security Guards (4 positions)
29 September 2021
Kruger National Park
Four Security Guard positions currently exist within the Kruger National Park, at the following Gates:
- 2 x Malelane Gate
- 1 x Crocodile Bridge Gate
- 1 x Pafuri Gate
Paterson Grading: A1
NB. The positions will be filled in line with the Employment Equity Targets for KNP.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by CVs as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) to the following address:
Human Capital Management
Att: Mr Mixo Mashaba
Private Bag X402
Tel: (013) 735 4128
SANParks reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Applications not responded to within 14 days of the closing date must be considered to be unsuccessful.
- Matric plus minimum Grade D Security Certificate with PSIRA
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Security Guard
- Must have wide knowledge and ability in securing a building or a place
- Must have the ability to protect and serve
- Can easily detect suspicious things or actions
- Must have wide knowledge on first aid
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Firearm Competency will be an added advantage.
- Secure the park and its infrastructure from any act of emergency or violence and report any act of suspicious observations.
- Monitor the place, check unnecessary actions.
- Encode the names of persons who enter the KNPâs premises in the register.
- Guarding the area assigned to detect evidence of illegal entry or activities and ensuring that any material in the area has not been tampered with;
- Reporting unusual occurrences to the Shift Supervisor or Security Supervisor, Chief Security Officer or Protection Services Manager
- Conducting access control at all entry/egress points, ensuring only authorized personnel and vehicles are permitted entry;
- Conducting random searches of vehicles departing or entering the KNP property for illegal taking of things or pilferage;
- Providing physical security at Gates and related functions, including searches, parking and crowd control
- Conducting random patrols of all posts, and searching each person who enters or exits the park and perform any other duties assigned
Closing date : 11 October 2021