Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Head Office has an opportunity available for a Security Manager to join the team. The role is responsible for the placement of the guards and to ensure the continuous safety and security of all staff and the overall Head Office operations. The role will also assist with the continually monitoring of the facility for compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations
- Grade 12 – Matric and Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- 3 years minimum experience in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouse.
- At least 1 year specific previous experience in a supervisory role
- Previous experience as a Security Manager
- Manage the day-to-day security functions for the facility.
- Organise security and general administrative duties as per Dis-Chem requirements.
- Coordinate departmental efforts with security personnel as well as law enforcement representatives.
- Maintain all security systems and procedures and ensure Security personnel adhere to these.
- Deal with and report security breaches that cannot be resolved immediately
- Implement precautionary measures were security risks are identified
- Ensure a plan is in place for emergency preparedness to protect both the physical facility and personnel.
- Ensure professional service delivery to all internal clients, while supporting core business processes as well as site and facility optimisation.
- Assist with incident/ accident investigation and write accurate reports on these.
- Responsible for the management of the Security team, including performance management and oversight of day-to-day task.
- Ensure all guards are trained in Occupational Health Safety responsibilities, Fire Fighting and incident investigation.
- Conduct operational auditing, investigations and assist with prosecutions and ensure employees understand and follow policies for loss prevention and cash handling.
- Train store employees to detect shoplifters.
- Knowledge of Relevant Acts, industry standards and training objectives
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
- English – Read, Speak and Write
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Able to handle complex workloads
- Be able to Lead, motivate and inspire others
- Ability to work under pressure
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.