Security Officers – Armed and Unarmed – Grade B/A
The overall purpose of this position is to ensure that all site specific security requirements are adhered to and that the Client’s needs are efficiently and professionally met at all times.
- PSIRA Grade A – Registered and accredited
- MV drivers licence and driving for at least 12 months on a regular basis
- Firearm Competency (Handgun/Shotgun and Rifle) – at least two category of firearms.
- Matric or equivalent
- No Criminal Record or any pending cases
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Previous leadership experience advantageous
- Security escorting or Armed Response experience
- Basic investigation experience and experience to attend to incidents
- SAPS or military experience will be beneficial
- Ability to lead a small team
- Report writing skills and incident reporting
- Basic computer literacy and ability to manage electronic operational devices
- Basic understanding of OH&S and compliance of rail infrastructure procedures
- Medically fit and able to climb over and engage obstacles as and when required
- Able to work shifts especially night shift for extended periods
- Leadership ability – assertive, organised and thorough
- Ability to work under pressure and use initiative
- Organising & Planning
- Administratively advanced
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Comfort around higher management
- Conflict management
- Decision quality
- Handle staff queries
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.