About the entity:
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Council regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.
The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill the role of a Security Officer in their Gauteng (Pretoria) Provincial Offices.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification ▪ Grade ‘C’ PSIRA accredited certificate ▪
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a Security Environment
How you can make a difference:
- Ensure that the premises are safe and secured
- Ensure that the property of Provincial Office is safe at all times
- Ensure the safety of staff while in the premises of the office
- Ensuring that there are no irregularities like theft in the building
- Making sure that the fire extinguishers are ready for use in case of emergencies
- Record visitors coming in and out of the building
- Record the vehicles coming in and out of the building and ensure that they are safe
- Respond to alarms and check them from time to time
- Respond to any emergency request by staff which may threaten their safety
- Ensure that all visitors are treated with respect
- Direct visitors to relevant offices and/or officials
- Direct visitors to designated parking bays and ensure no firearms enter the premises
- Ensure all equipment (laptops, computers, etc.) coming in and out of the building are declared and registered
- Conduct building inspections and patrols daily as per schedule
- Report all security breaches to supervisor and record in the occurrence book and Conduct escort duties and perform evacuations and emergency drills during emergencies.
Additional Requirements & Information:
- Kindly submit a recently comprehensive updated CV
- Copy of: ID, Grade ‘C’ PSIRA accredited certificate & Matric certificate to be included in application
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks: Criminal Record Check; Citizenship verification; Qualification/study verification and previous employment verification);
- Also note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive any response within the 30 days from the closing date of the advert, consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Closing date for applications are 05 October 2021 – please note late applications will not be considered.
- Ad reference Number: Ref No: GP16/2021