Security Shift Supervisor – North West
Reporting line : Logistics Manager
Division : Logistical Services
Scale Code : 403
Position ID : 60020571
CLOSING DATE: 29 APRIL 2021
ALL PERMANENT SABC EMPLOYEES ARE INVITED TO APPLY FOR POSITIONS (INCLUDING LONG-TERM FIXED TERM CONTRACTORS)
Reporting to Logistics Manager: To manage, plan and co-ordinate physical security of the SABC premises,, assets, people, as well as ensuring NKP compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. OPERATIONAL PLAN
- Manage the control room operators & the physical security on the site.
- Hold daily and weekly and monthly meetings with the security service provider, Protection Services security managers as requested by the Chief Security Officer to ensure smooth security operations.
- Compile and update SOP’s to cater for frequent change of threats at the control room on the site
- Responsible to report incidents and security breaches to the NKP Physical Security Manager.
- Attend parades prior to deployment of security service provider during the absence of the Chief Security Officer.
- Attend the SOLF (Security Liaison Forum) meetings during the absence of the Chief Security Officer.
- Responsible for security operations during the absence of the senior protection service management.
- Management of control room operators. (Service providers as per contractual requirements at the control room.)
- NB: Monitor that all security systems ( camera; access control and related technologies are maintained and in working condition)
- Tender closing
2. GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensure that the standard of service of the contractor complies with the standard and policies set by Protection Services and the NKP act
- Assist the Chief Security Officer to implement the National Key Point (NKP Act 102 of 1980)
- Ensure that the National Key point is not contravened
3. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Elections and Event
- Internal project and external: please explain
- Compile a report at the end of each and every shift.
5. LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Manage, guide and motivate the control room physical security.
6. STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Escorting VIPs external and internal
- Attend meeting with external stakeholders i.e. JMPD , SAPS write in full
- Grade C , NKP, Matric what or equivalent qualification
- 3 years’ experience in Security Field
- Computer Package