Job Title :
Annual salary (based on relevant experience and qualifications) : Location : Department : Reporting to :
Senior Fieldworker: PrEP Study
Scenery Park, East London Research Unit
Main purpose of the position:
The Snr Field Worker will be responsible for the preparation of research sites for data collection on the PrEP study and will support all research-related activities at the research sites.
Scope of Work:
• Preparation of research sites to ensure that the site is set up for data collection and adherence activities on the PrEP study.
• Ensuring that all electronic devices required for data collection are on site.
• Ensuring that specimen containers are on site and ready to store specimens.
• Ensuring that the site’s general housekeeping is in order to accommodate participants.
• Assisting to set up gazebos for outdoor data collection when required.
• Supporting research-related activities at research sites.
• Checking whether all specimens were collected.
• Checking whether the patient received a snack for their visit.
• Supporting the Project Manager in monitoring data collection devices.
• Assist in charging electronic devices and exchanging them should they encounter
• Contacting participants for site visits.
• Performing quality control processes.
• Apply quality control on participant records.
• Monitor and Lock participants’ electronic records where necessary.
• Archiving participant files in a convenient retrievable manner.
• Archive participant laboratory results.
• Maintain study participant confidentiality.
• Grade 12 Advantageous Qualifications:
• Research Ethics Course
Working / Industry experience required:
• Knowledge and exposure to online data platforms i.e. REDCap
• Previous work experience in the Public Health sector
• Experience in supporting research activities
• Previous experience working in a health/research environment
• Computer literacy
• Valid code 08 driver’s license
• Willingness to travel
• Proficiency in reading, speaking, and writing Xhosa and English
Closing date for applications: 21 December 2020 at 16h00 PM
Interested candidates should forward a motivational letter and CV to email@example.com or fax to 081 680 0736.
For enquiries please contact Tshililo Pharamela on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within one month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.