Pact World: Senior Finance Officer
The Senior Finance Officer is directly responsible to and supervised by the Finance and TLA Manager, Pact SA. The Senior Finance Officer is mainly responsible for the disbursement function, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as raising all documentation for the aforementioned functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure that all Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT’s) requests are uniquely numbered to facilitate future queries and audit trails;
- Ensure that the relevant documents required by policy are attached to all EFT requests;
- Ensure that the PO (Purchase Orders) are matched to invoices and the billing detail verified;
- Resolve any discrepancies between PO’s and invoices and track expenses paid against PO’s;
- Ensure VAT compliance on tax invoices;
- Ensure that creditor reconciliations are performed before payments are done;
- Update and maintain the recurring payments schedule and ensure that the recurring payments are paid timeously.
- Ensure that all GL account codes and payments are accurately captured in Serenic.
- Daily posting of purchase orders, advances on Serenic.
- Posting payment journals on Serenic for the reconciliation of payments made.
- Identify and add into the banking system any vendor that are being paid for the first time through banking system.
- Load payments onto the banking integrator and circulate supporting documents for payments approval.
- Weekly reconciliation of Serenic bank balances against bank statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Petty Cash spot checks and supervision.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Raising and monitoring of prepayments and accruals.
- Queries and follow ups pertaining to balance sheet items.
- Create correcting entries in Serenic
- Compile a list of all outstanding tax invoices for the relevant month to be filed with month end.
- Draw VAT report from Serenic after the month has been closed.
- Reconcile Serenic VAT GL account to the monthly cash books, investigate any discrepancies and do the necessary corrections.
- Ensure VAT Refunds are recorded. And submitted on SARS e-filling.
- Compile annual VAT report for USAID
- Ensure compliance with SARS VAT regulations.
- Prepare correcting and reclass entries and capture in Serenic
- Review and sign off, per diem calculations, travel reconciliations.
- Check the Intercompany Billing Notes (IBN) for accuracy and posting.
- Prepare the monthly exchange rate, per diem rates and mileage rates.
- Send out notification of approved monthly rates by first working day of a month.
- Ensure all vouchers /invoices have complete and legitimate supporting documentation ensuring that all transactions are properly authorized.
- Liaise regularly with the Finance and TLA Manager and Finance and Operations Director to ensure that any accounts queries are responded to and finalized no later than the end of a month.
- Perform functions with a view to safeguarding and developing the best interests of Pact SA.
- Ensure that regular backups of data are completed with the Finance and TLA Manager.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial transactions.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Accounting or Internal Auditing;
- 3-6 years’ work experience in an accounting position and have had exposure to the full accounting function;
- Experience working with USAID funded project is a plus;
- Have good working knowledge of accounting packages;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Package (Ms Word, PowerPoint and Excel).;
- Strong attention to detail and work accurately under pressure;
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license and own car.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Senior Finance Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25 March 2021
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after closing date kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.