Senior Human Resources Practitioner ( 6 -12 months contract)
CEF (SOC) Ltd is involved in the search for appropriate energy solutions to meet the
energy needs of South Africa, The Southern African Development Community (SADC)
and the sub-Saharan African region, focussing on clean energy options as well as fossil
fuels as per the mandate from the Department of Energy. It also manages the operation
and development of the oil and gas assets of the South African government including
strategic crude oil assets and management. CEF controls entities with commercial and
developmental roles, housed in eight operating subsidiaries.
The Senior HR Practitioner will provide a generalist Human Resources service to CEF and
some of its subsidiaries in accordance with legislative and statutory requirements. Ensure
that the HR initiatives in support of the strategy are implemented. Support the business
with ensuring that effective and efficient human capital process are provided. Support
the OD and Learning Development Manager and Group ER Manager in ensuring that
the objectives of that functions are implemented by managers and employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Human Resources
• 3 -5 years’ experience as an HR Generalist in medium to large organisations
• Extensive Knowledge of HR Value Chain processes (Employee Administration;
Talent Management – Sourcing, Training & Development, Employment Equity,
Workforce Planning, Employee Wellness, Performance Management, Succession
• Knowledge of HR Systems
• Extensive HR Policy development, research and implementation.
• Extensive Recruitment experience, ideally project recruitment
• Broad understanding in driving Employee Value Proposition initiatives
• Experience in statutory reporting (EE and Compensation Commissioner etc.)
• Experience in Employee Relations/Industrial Relations including facilitating
grievance, disciplinary processes and representing organisation at CCMA.
• Understanding of relevant Labour legislation and application.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Advising, coaching and supporting line managers and employees on the full range
of HR functions and services.
• Undertaking specific projects, in consultation with line management, to facilitate
HR activities and enhance client service.
• Providing timeous and relevant HR management information.
• Delivery of end to end recruitment request within an agreed turnaround time.
• Support OD function in creating and driving a culture of high performance and
adherence to the performance management.
• Driving the values and creation of a great working environment at business
• Support the OD team to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities,
behaviours, structures, and processes as part of Integrated Talent Management.
• Support the HRBP with the development and implementation of HR Policies and
Procedures (Employee Relations, Recruitment & Selection) at business
• Support the Group ER Manager with all employee relations/dispute resolutions
matters including CCMA/Labour court matters.
• Responsible for execution of all people processes (employee life cycle), in line with
policy and legislation – recruitment, psychometric assessments, on boarding,
induction, Employment Equity compliance ( reporting, plans, training) , retention,
career management, reward, off boarding, termination management.
• Support business leaders with workforce planning and forecasting of the required
talent to execute the organisational strategy.
• Support HR will rolling out various initiatives in order to assist the organisation to
achievement of its strategic objectives. Facilitate line of sight initiatives to build a
high-performing organization aligned with the strategic leadership agenda.
• Support the business to manage employee relations and improve employee
engagement sessions at different forums and levels.
• HR Reporting and analytics in order to demonstrate ROI of HR initiative
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES (CRITICAL FOR SUCCESS)
• High level of integrity, initiative and passion;
• A team player who is assertive and confident;
• An individual with stature and presence who demonstrates emotional maturity;
• Strong business Acumen.
• Analytical and Problem solving skills.
• Critical skills: report writing, attention to detail, interpersonal skills
• Critical skills: analytical ability, creativity, communication, influencing, negotiation
Closing Date: 01st April 2021
Please submit a detail Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Recruitment-HRPract@cefgroup.co.za.
CEF SOC is committed to Employment Equity, therefore preference will be given to candidates from
designated groups in terms of national labour legislation. Successful candidate may be required to undergo
security vetting process