SCHOOL OF BUSINESS LEADERSHIP
Full Prof (P5) / Associate Prof (P6) / Senior Lecturer (P7)
2 x Information Technology (Ref: SBL/ACAD/IT/10/2020)
1 x Leadership and Organisational Behaviour (Advanced Labour Law)
1 x Research Methodology (Ref: SBL/ACAD/RM/10/2020)
Located in Midrand, on the N1 between Johannesburg and Pretoria, Unisa Graduate School of Business
Leadership (GSBL) is one of the leading business schools in South Africa. The GSBL offers a Post
Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA), a Master of Business Leadership (MBL), a Master
of Business Administration (MBA), and a Doctor of Business Leadership (DBL) as well as several Executive
Education programmes. The SBL is committed to its vision: “To be the leading African business school of
choice offering internationally recognised leadership and management education.”
Even though the Covid-19 pandemic has fundamentally changed how we work, and how we support our
students and communities, the SBL is reinventing itself to be at the forefront of shaping new business
agendas by seeking value-adding ways in four research focus areas: (1) Responsible Leadership in
Practice; (2) Sustainable Livelihoods; (3) Intra-Africa Trade and Investment; and (4) Digital Transformation
and Investment. Accordingly, the SBL is seeking to appoint suitably qualified and experienced candidates
for the position(s) of Professorship (P5) or Associate Professorship (P6) or Senior Lecturer level (P7) in 2 x
Information Technology, 1 x Leadership and Organisational Behaviour (Advanced Labour Law) and
1 x Research Methodology.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS ARE:
• An applicable Doctorate e.g. DBL, DBA, D Com, PhD, or LLD
• Sound knowledge of a relevant field in business education.
• Candidates from other higher education institutions must have at least seven (7) years’ corporate
business, extensive consulting and/or appropriate teaching experience and be able to make an
insightful and satisfactory presentation on a topic in the discipline applied for.
• Candidates must have supervised masters and doctoral candidates to completion; and must provide
evidence that they have produced satisfactory student pass rates in the past two (2) years of
employment at their institution.
• Candidates must have completed an assessor training programme.
• Experience with teaching in an ODL environment will be an advantage
• Candidates must demonstrate scholarship in research, through accredited research outputs,
research reports and supervision of post graduate students. Rating as a researcher by the NRF in
any category will be an advantage.
• Evidence of participation in community engagement and outreach projects and/or programmes.
• Evidence of academic citizenship, and participation in School, College and University committees
including task teams and voluntary associations.
• Evidence of international collaborations and partnerships.
• Membership in a relevant professional body or learned society
• An appropriate Doctorate e.g. DBL, D Com, DBA, or PhD or LLD
• Accredited research outputs, research reports and supervision of post graduate students
• Sound knowledge of a relevant field in business education
• Lecturing/facilitation/presentation skills
• Course development in a relevant business discipline
• Six years’ corporate business and consulting experience or appropriate teaching experience
• Evidence of participation in community engagement
• Membership in a relevant professional body or learned society will be an advantage.
• An appropriate Master’s Degree e.g. M Com, MBL, MBA
• Three years’ corporate business or consulting experience
• Research publication or equivalent; or demonstrated proof of potential to do research
• Experience in research supervision of post graduate students
• Lecturing/facilitation/presentation skills and teaching experience
• Five years relevant experience
• Undertaking to participate in community work
A professional certification where applicable will be an advantage
Key Performance Areas
• Tuition and Learning (Teaching of formal and short learning programmes, course development,
curriculum design and student supervision)
• Academic Citizenship
• Community Engagement
Short-listed candidates will be required to make an academic presentation at a Selection Interview.
Assumption of duty : As soon as possible
Salary : Remuneration is commensurate with the seniority of the position
Closing Date : 04 December 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
The completed prescribed application form must be accompanied by comprehensive curriculum vitae and
certified copies (within the previous three months) of:
• all educational qualifications;
• identity document; and
• proof of South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) verification of foreign qualifications.
• The detailed advertisement together with the prescribed application form can be found on the Unisa
Applications must be submitted via an email which clearly indicates the Reference number of the
position applied for in the Subject as follows:
• Information Technology: (Ref: SBL/ACAD/IT/10/2020)
• Leadership and Organisational Behaviour (Advanced Labour Law):
• Research Methodology: (Ref: SBL/ACAD/RM/10/2020)
• Applications should be submitted to SBLHR@UNISA.AC.ZA
• UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the
• The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from
your present employer.
• UNISA is not obliged to fill an advertised position.
• Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with SBL’s Employment Equity Plan and other applicable
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted
within two months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application
was not successful.