SENIOR SCHOOL INTERN
Effective From: January, 2022
St John’s D.S.G., established in 1897 by the Society of St John the Divine, is situated in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. It is a leading Anglican, independent, day and boarding school for 550 girls (Grades RR – 12), and is a member of the Independent Schools’ Association of Southern Africa. St John’s D.S.G has a strong community ethos that gives it a distinct character.
The successful applicant should:
- Be flexible to assist in any aspect of teaching and be willing to assist with extramural activities during the week/weekend. The ability to coach sport would be an advantage.
- Be open to being mentored and coached in order to develop pedagogy skills and competencies.
- Have a high level of computer competency and be willing to new systems.
- Learn how to integrate technology into the curriculum using various electronic media in the classroom.
- Be able to work in an inclusive environment.
- Be committed to the Christian ethos of the School and able to provide a caring environment for boarders.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
- Be willing to apply for SACE registration and clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register.
Please note that this is a one-year contract.
Prospective Interns should be 21 years of age or older and currently studying a Bachelor of Education degree or a PGCE in 2022.
Social transformation, social justice and diversity are pivotal components of teaching and learning in the school. We will be looking at applicants from a range of backgrounds. There is an opportunity for female applicants to live and work in the Boarding Establishment (in a single capacity) and the applicant’s willingness to do so will be an advantage.
The stipend will be negotiated during the selection process. No indication of the stipend can be given telephonically.
How To Apply:
An application form must be completed to be considered for the position. It may be downloaded by clicking on the yellow button below.
Once completed, the application form, a covering letter addressed to the Principal and the other requested documents including certified copies of your qualifications must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only emailed applications will be accepted.
St John’s reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the application form and requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted by the end of October should take it that their applications have not been successful.
St John’s D.S.G., in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.”
Closing Date: Closing date: 14:00 on 28 September 2021
St John’s D.S.G. reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration.