About the entity:
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Council regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.
The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill a vacant position in its Gauteng Provincial Office.
Minimum Appointment Requirements:
Matric (Grade 12) ▪ National Diploma in Administration or similar and 4 years administrative or secretarial experience for an executive levelled position ▪ Administrative or Secretarial experience for an executive levelled position within a professional Regulatory environment is an added advantage ▪ Knowledge of MS Office (Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
How you can make a difference:
- Manage the Director’s diary and schedule meetings i.e. Council meetings, special meetings, Committee meetings as directed
- Prepare all notices and make arrangements for meetings, inclusive of securing venues and arranging catering requirements
- Prepare and distribute circulars
- Distribute documentation timeously to meeting attendees
- Take messages and forward timeously to the Director
- Prepare agendas for Council and Committee meetings
- Type and distribute minutes of meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements inclusive of flights, car hire and accommodation
- Provide support in the preparation of reports and presentations
- Type documentation and prepare presentations, as requested by the Director
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate database, where relevant
- Coordinate the provision of stationery for the office of the Director
- Coordinate repairs for office equipment to ensure all equipment is in sound working order at all times
- Liaise with internal departments and various external stakeholders, on request by the Director and general query handling
Skills & Competencies
▪ Communication ▪ Interpersonal ▪ Listening ▪ Problem solving ▪ Telephone etiquette ▪ Time management ▪ Multitasking ▪ Confidentiality ▪ Working under pressure ▪ Planning ▪ Organizing ▪ Typing ▪ Minute taking and Administration ▪
Additional Requirements & Information:
- Kindly submit a recently comprehensive updated CV;
- Copies of all relevant qualifications or certificates (Matric & Admission where applicable);
- Copy of ID and Driver’s License:
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks: Criminal record check; Citizenship verification; Qualification/study verification and previous employment verification);
- Also note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive any response within the 30 days from the closing date of the advert, consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Closing date for applications are 2nd December 2021 – please note late applications will not be considered.
- Ref No: GP20/2021