Department of Health
SENIOR SECURITY OFFICER: (CCTV) TECHNICAL SECURITY. LEVEL 5
- Reference Number : refs/011815
- Directorate : ADMIN AND LOGISTICS
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 173 703.00 Per Annum
- Enquiries : Enquires. Mr. Karel Mashele (011) 694 3834
- Grade 12, a Diploma in Electronics, IT or equivalent qualification in security electronics, Certificate in electronic Security Installation Practices with two (1-2) years of CCTV installation and maintenance experience, an Electronics Certificate issued by an electronic security system service provider will be an added advantage, a valid driver’s licence. Knowledge of the HIKVISION and BOSCH CCTV cameras will be an added advantage, Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Private Security Industry Regulations Act, Minimum Information Security Standard (MISS), Minimum Physical Security Standard (MPSS), Ideal Clinics and Hospital Standards/National Core Standard (NCS). Skills and competences: Sound written and verbal communication skills, Project management skills, Analytical thinking skills, Interpersonal skills. Willingness to deal with system emergencies. High level of reliability and confidentiality. Ability to act with tact and discretion. Good telephone etiquette. Must be able to work under pressure, take initiative, work independently and with a team. Ability to organize, lead and plan the work. Must be self-motivated. Ability to handle tasks of multidisciplinary nature. Ability to work extended hours when required. Should not have a criminal record. Registration with the PSIRA will be an added advantage. Ability to conduct elevated work.
- Monitoring Installation of CCTV cameras and electronic access control system including tubing, cabling and wireless radio links. Drafting specifications for installation and servicing of CCTV for all JHB District Health facilities. Fixing and replacing faulty cameras and monitors. Liaising with Service provider when conducting daily maintenance of existing cameras which include cleaning of camera lenses, covers and repositioning. Advise management during handing over of CCTV projects in all facilities of Johannesburg Health District. Daily inspection of wireless radio links and the maintenance thereof. Rebooting of CCTV camera servers and access control systems. Ensure the availability of CCTV footage. Interacting with stakeholders. Downloading of CCTV footage. Compilation of weekly maintenance reports.
- The completed and signed new Z83 form should be accompanied by recent updated CV, as well as certified copies of all qualifications and ID document. Certification should not be more than 6 months old. Applications should be emailed to JhbHealth.DistrictJobApplications@gauteng.gov.za Please ensure that the reference number is quoted correctly. The successful candidates will be subjected to positive results of the security clearance process (criminal records) and the verification of educational qualifications certificates. Incomplete applications received after closing date will not be considered. Z83 must be completed in full. All shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo technical competency assessment as part of selection. People with disability are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : JOHANNESBURG HEALTH DISTRICT
Closing Date : 02-09-2021