Senior Software Developer
Fidelity Cash Solutions – CashMaster, Waltloo
Reporting to: Research and Development Manager CashMaster
The above position is vacant at CashMaster in Waltloo, reporting to the Research and Development Manager CashMaster.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with a strong knowledge and experience developing in C#, Java, C, Assembler language and proficient in SQL database. The successful candidate must display experience in developing Server Listeners which is the interface for devices to communicate to Servers. Coupled with software development the candidate must have an Electronics knowledge and experience to develop hardware and develop firmware in the embedded electronics platform.
- Diploma / degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject ; or
- Matric certificate and Studying towards a Diploma/ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Knowledge of C, C#, Java and SQL it’s a must.
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Very good communication skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Good planning and self-management skills.
- Team work and willingness to listen to others.
- Eagerness to learn new ideas, concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of .NET languages, besides Java (e.g. Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
- Knowledge of single-board and embedded environments (e.g. Raspberry PI).
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Familiarity with SQL and MSSQL Server, MariaDB, MySQL and H2
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Proficient with Windows 10, Microsoft office products.
- Proficient with Linux OS
- GUI development.
- Candidates with Python, C++, Assembler will have an added advantage
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive)
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Maintain existing code base
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code in C, C#, JAVA, Assembler, SQL
- Test, deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alteratives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop Hardware and Firmware for Electronics.
- Critical thinking
- Service orientation
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as TFS
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with database design and writing stored procedures
Interested candidates whose credentials best match the requirements can send their CV’s before close of business on 19 September 2020 to: Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Disabled Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Security Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. E and OE