Service Desk Technician
- Information technology
- Head Office, JHB
- Service Desk Technician
- Vacancies exists for two (2) Service Desk Technicians, based at Life Healthcare Head Office, Dunkeld, reporting to the Head of Service Delivery. The level I Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The Service Desk provides a single, central point of contact for all users of IT. Service desk staff execute the incident management and request fulfillment processes to restore normal service within SLA.
Service Desk Technicians will have strong infrastructural and procedural knowledge of the various systems / hardware within Life Healthcare Group that require end user support, managing, administering and troubleshooting. Primary responsibility to meet incoming call SLA.
- Critical Outputs
- Strategy & Planning
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues. Aim to resolve incident on the first call. In cases where it is impossible to resolve an incident as the 1st level support, to know when, how and where to escalate to.
- Take ownership and responsibility of an incident and see it through from start to finish.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- React rapidly to major incidents, provide workarounds where possible, and restore services as quickly as possible.
- Issue timely communications to affected user’s/Business units and provide regular status updates.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required escalate and follow-up.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Assist team wherever possible in incident resolution. Work with and as a team.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organisation.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users. Publish or update 2 knowledge articles per month.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed. Collaborate with technical specialists monthly to update knowledge base.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement through analysing and trend analysis.
- Maintain professional and healthy relationships with vendors.
- Maintain professionalism and high levels of Service Delivery.
- Adhere to Service Desk etiquette.
- Adhere to SLAs/OLA’s in place.
- Participate in an on call rota, providing a 24 hours, first line support service to users.
- Managing of tasks and activities which may require adjustments to priorities in order to satisfy business needs
- Formal Education & Certification
- Matric and 3 years equivalent work experience in Contact Center / Service Desk or technical role
- Certifications in A+, N+, ITILv3 / ITILv4 preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including printers/scanners/laptops.
- Experience of Customer Relation Management
- Understanding of ITIL working practices
- Problem solving associated with a mixed computing environment
- Experience in high pressure, high call volume service desk.
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including MS Office 2016/O365, Windows10
- Extensive application support experience with Outlook, ServiceNow, Hospital applications, MS Teams
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including Active Directory, Citrix Director, Print Servers
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work across organisational and professional boundaries
- High level of interpersonal skills/telephone manner, including active listening and understanding
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Work to tight deadlines / SLA’s
- Broad knowledge of IT products, services and terminology
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Attention to detail
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Team orientated
- Closing date
- Friday, October 15, 2021
Candidate must be willing to gain a thorough knowledge of Compensation & Benefits in general as well as a good understanding of the Life Healthcare retirement funds. Customer focus and sound judgement skills are critical. Good organisational skills are essential.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.