POSITION: SERVICE TECHNICIAN
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Service and maintain alarm systems for domestic, commercial and industrial sectors. A Technician at this level is suitably qualified and experienced (to the Company’s standard) to install & maintain domestic, commercial and special project ADVANCED alarm systems, as well as ADVANCED CCTV, Intercom, and Access Control systems. He/she can perform on-site programming and testing of such systems and perform advanced fault finding. He/she can also install radio, telephone, GSM & IP communication devices as well as perform integration of these various systems. This individual has a higher level of Computer literacy & skill and has the ability to act in a supervisory role.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as an alarm technician
- Previous programming, wiring, installations and fault-finding experience
JOB REQUIREMENTS & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Must be PSIRA registered (Grade C)
- Knowledge of Listener advantageous
- Sound knowledge of DSC, FBI, CADDX, IDS, Paradox and Texecom systems
- Sound Knowledge of CCTV, Intercom systems and access control
- Able to work standby as per duty sheet
- Conduct service calls / maintenance and repairs of alarms
- Program alarm panels
- Complete handovers and quotations
- Complete invoices and job cards after every service call
- Complete links up for new clients
- Re-programmed alarm systems when the current alarm was part of a takeover
- Complete small installations as and when required
- Treat all clients with respect
- Always ensure neatness and in full uniform
- Assist with any problems or complaints
- Give full feedback to clients where necessary
- Ensure the vehicle assigned to you is roadworthy and clean
- Check and inspect the vehicle thoroughly before leaving the office/hub
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.