The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill the role of a Snr Administrator : Regulatory in their Gauteng Provincial Office.
About the Company
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Council regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.
Minimum Appointment Requirements
▪ Matric (Grade 12) ▪ National Diploma in Administration or similar (NQF 6) ▪ 4 years Administrative experience ▪ Computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) ▪ Knowledge of Legal Practice Act ▪
- Render administrative assistance to the department by maintaining and organising office tasks
- Assist in answering and directing phone calls, taking, and distributing messages
- Assist in preparing agenda items for Council and committee meetings
- Provide support in the preparation of reports and relevant documentation
- Type and prepare correspondence
- Distribute correspondence to employees and internal departments
- Maintain a file of correspondence and documentation
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents are safeguarded, and that confidentiality is maintained
- Liaise with internal departments and stakeholders
- Prepare and keep statistics and reports on pending and finalised striking off and suspension applications and Coordinate provision of stationery and furniture for the department
Skills & Competencies
▪ Administration ▪ Attention to detail ▪Communication ▪Deadline driven ▪ Interpersonal ▪ Integrity ▪ Telephone etiquette ▪ Multi-tasking ▪ Time management ▪ Team player ▪ Typing and Working under pressure ▪
Additional Information & Application Process:
- Kindly submit a recently updated comprehensive CV;
- Copies of all qualification(s) (Matric & National Diploma in Administration or similar (NQF 6)
- Copy of ID and driver’s license (where applicable);
- Suitable candidate(s) will be subjected to personnel suitability & verification checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification).
- Please note that correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates, if you do not receive any response within 30 days from the closing date of the advert, consider your application not successful.
- Ref No: GP16/2021
- Closing date for applications is 24 September 2021