SAEP:Social Auxiliary Worker
South African Education Project (SAEP)
The South African Education and Environment Project (SAEP) is a nonprofit organisation working with children and youth at key points in their education, including pre-school, primary, high school, post matric and tertiary. South African Education Project (SAEP) runs an Early Childhood Development (ECD) programme in Philippi, supporting approximately 140 ECD centres to attain and maintain their registration with the Department of Social Development (DSD).
South African Education Project (SAEP) seeks to appoint Social Auxiliary to be Based at SAEP ECD office, Beautiful Gate, Stock Road, Philippi.
This is a contract position until March 2022. Renewal will be based on funding availability and performance.
- Assessing ECD facilities for DSD registration
- Monitoring compliance based on the ECD Norms and standards
- Facilitate training for Facilities on registration process and Covid 19 compliance.
- Mentor facilities and follow up visits on registration progress
- Consultation with ECD and After Care facilities in regard to DSD registration
- Assist in child protection issues in the ECD Programme and After Care facilities and refer to DSD
- Stakeholders engagement at community level and representing organisation in local ECD platforms
- Compile reports
- Qualified Social Auxiliary Worker with certificates
- Registered with SACSSP
- Exposure or experience with ECD/After care registration
- Proficient in isiXhosa and English
- Mature, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and to take initiative
- Experience in participatory training and working with adults
- Report writing skills
- Driver’s licence will be a distinctive advantage
- Residing in Philippi or surrounding areas
One page cover letter and not more than a three page CV with copies of qualifications, ID and drivers licence must submitted to SAEP, Beautiful Gateemail@example.com by 5 March 2021.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your query – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the South African Education and Environment Project, refer to www.saep.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies