AILY SUN has a vacancy for a SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT PRODUCER at Media Park, Johannesburg.
The incumbent of this specialist position will report directly to the Digital Editor and the editor-in-chief of Daily Sun. The social media content producer will take a leading role in executing Daily Sun’s social media strategy.
Key performance areas
- Plan and implement Daily Sun’s social media strategy across platforms.
- Drive engagement on dailysun.co.za.
- Work closely with content producers to develop a unified approach for best results.
- Produce regular reports on social media referral rates.
Qualifications and experience
- A national diploma or bachelor’s degree would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a digital newsroom.
- Top notch social media skills.
- The ability to work fast and accurately.
- An understanding of the online environment as relevant to the Daily Sun market.
- A proven track record of working with social media dashboards.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Creativity and originality in the execution of the social media strategy.
- Must have sound knowledge of media ethics and law, specifically related to the use of social media.
In exchange for the successful candidate’s services the company offers a competitive salary, membership of the medical and retirement funds for persons qualifying.
Please take note that if you haven’t received feedback within 2 weeks, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated group