Social Media Specialist
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid and Retirement Annuity|
Looking for a social media specialist that is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers – a passion that comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Please do not apply if you do not have the following:
- Five years of minimum experience in social media management
- Advertising agency experience
Essential duties of the social media manager
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Curate and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in a ‘social’ way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Design, create, and manage promotions and social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyse key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues, and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate an ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organisational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyse campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO, and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyse, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media (give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Displays the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Practices in superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e.: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of ‘search and social’.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning social customer service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy, and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Posted on 01 Feb 16:15