MES: Social Work
POSITION: Social Work
LOCATION: Hilbrow Office
REPORTS TO: Supervisor: Social Work Supervisor
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Intake and risk assessment. Render social work services ITO the children’s Act 2005 No 38 as amended. Opening and finalisation of Children’s Court Hearings, foster care supervision services and reunification services. Study, interpret, apply and give information on child protection legislation as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Early intervention and prevention: Risk Assessment on all referred cases, planning and safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable children, removal of children at risk and placing them at alternative and most suitable environments.
- Finalization of Children’s Court Hearings: Investigating and making recommendations to court on whether the child should be accommodated away from home, in foster care, or in child and youth care centres.
- Intake: Assessing all new cases and enquiries and recommending further intervention or referring the clients to relevant service providers.
- Providing counselling for immediate case resolution.
- Family reunification services through counselling, mediation, and assessments of the families systems’ ability to cater for the needs of child in the system.
- Assessing and training of prospective foster parents
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- Proof of Registration with the SACSSP
- At least 2 years statutory social work experience
- Experience working with children in need of care protection
- Good report writing skills
- Strong assessment and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Computer literate
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to drive
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Closing date: 15 August 2021
Applications to be forwarded to: email@example.com
For more info to call: Sylvia on: 011 725 6531
Company name: MES
Address: 16 Kapteijn Street