South African Children’s Home: Social Worker
South African Children’s Home
|Originally known as the ‘Orphan House’ it was founded in 1808 by Mrs Moller, a wealthy Dutch widow, who was assisted in this task by members of the Groote Kerk and the Evangelical Church, two of the oldest churches in South Africa. Mrs Moller dedicated much of her life to establishing the Children’s Home and upon her death she graciously donated the bulk of her estate to her beloved orphanage.|
SA Children’s Home seeks to appoint a Fulltime Qualified Social Worker is based in Gardens, Cape Town . At the Centre they provide a loving, happy and secure home for boys, and girls of all ages, race groups and denominations.
Report to: Manager.
Minimum Requirements :
- Formal tertiary qualification in Social Work that allows professional registration with the South African Council for Social Services profession as Social worker.
- Registration with SA council for Social Services Professions
- Valid Drivers licence
- A Minimum of at least 5 years of experience as social worker after registration.
- Experience in therapy both individual and group therapy
- Knowledge and experience in Residential Child Care recommended
- Knowledge of relevant Children’s legislations
- Knowledge and experience in the discussing and completion of children’s IDP and Care Plans.
- Reporting writing skills
- Good planning and organising skills
- Strong computer literacy.
- Profession communication skills.
- As the Social worker you will be responsible for the Therapeutic and development programmes.
- Assisting with the applications for schools and tertiary education.
- A majority of the responsibilities would be the family panels and reports, IDP completions, 159 and 176 Extensions.
- Maintaining case history and attend court cases.
Email your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Social Worker Vacancy July 2021
Please note that only short-listed applications will be contacted