The Haven Shelter: Social Worker
The Haven Shelter seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Swartland.
The Social Worker will be responsible for all social work services and the development of and monitoring of PDP’s and Exit plans for all clients. The social worker will report to the Shelter Manager.
Salary Package: R 15 300 per month
Job Type: Permanent
- Qualified Social Worker registered with SACSSP in South Africa
- Code B drivers licence essential -non-negotiable
- Successful candidate will need to match The Shelter Manager’s work programme
- Experience in protecting client information, is a pre-requisite
- Efficient development and management of Personal Development and Exit Plans
- Experience in scheduling reviews, including the reviews of the exit date
- Ability to present group work within 3 weeks of taking over. Starting with at least 10 hours of group work per week.
- No criminal record
- Ability to work well with people as a team
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, a 2nd language would be beneficial
- Experience in the NGO sector will be advantages
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a two pages CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Social Worker-Mossel Bay Shelter” in the subject line. Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attached to your application; it will not be considered.
If you don’t receive a response from us within 2 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.