Agisanang Domestic Abuse Prevention and Training
Agisanang Domestic Abuse Prevention and Training (ADAPT) is a section 21 non-profit organisation that started operating as a small entity in 1994 focusing on providing counselling and support for abused women in Alexandra Township, Johannesburg. Although the initial emphasis was on women, the beneficiaries of services have expanded to include children, young people, the elderly and men.
ADAPT seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Alexandra Township, Johannesburg.
- Offer counselling for the gender based violence survivors and perpetrators
- Facilitation of support groups for men
- Community Mobilisation / Education on issues of human rights Gender Equality
- Offering telephone counselling
- Report writing
- B.A. Social Work
- Registration with the SACSSP
- Male candidate
- Knowledge on human rights and gender-based violence related matters
- Writing and interpersonal skills
- Counselling and facilitation skills
- Administrative skills
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Mahlatse Mphahlele, Tel: 011 786 6608 / 072 100 5325
Only applicants selected on a shortlist will be contacted.
Should candidates not have been notified of the outcome of their applications within 7 days of the closing date, they should consider themselves unsuccessful.
ADAPT reserves the right not to make an appointment on all shortlisted candidates.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
For more information about Agisanang Domestic Abuse Prevention and Training, refer to www.adapt.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies