Bienvenu Shelter: Social Worker
The BIENVENU SHELTER is a non-governmental organization whose missionary focus is to be migrants with the migrants and to be in mission with the people on the move. Priority is given to migrant, refugee and internally displaced vulnerable mothers and their children, safeguarding and promoting their dignity and rights.
The Shelter seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Johannesburg.
Employment Type: Full-time one-year contract (with the possibility of renewal pending funding).
- Conduct screening of potential clients, conduct assessments to develop treatment plans.
- Provide counselling and therapeutic services to individuals; groups and families.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Facilitate capacity building workshops and prepare capacity building materials.
- Participate in networking and the development of strategic partnerships in the migration, shelter, academic, vocational and other sectors.
- Participate in all organisational processes.
- Registered with either the SACSSP or the HPCSA as a Social Worker or Counsellor.
- At least three (3) years counselling experience and familiarity with the NGO sector.
- At least three (3) years experience and familiarity with residential settings
- At least two (2) years counselling experience and familiarity in working with refugees, asylum seekers, migrants, and victims of torture.
- An easy approachable manner, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a variety of different people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and other applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, internet and email).
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and be organised.
- Basic administrative skills – writing up and capturing client process notes; capturing of assessment results; monitoring of clients psychiatric services etc.
Please submit letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to the C.O.O. at email@example.com no later than Wednesday 16 June 2021.