Specialized Vehicle Operator
05 November 2021
Addo Elephant National Park
Challenging vacancy currently exists for Specialized Vehicle Operators at Addo Elephant National Park to drive and operate the Sewerage vehicle, yellow metal vehicles as needed, including driving of other vehicles and transportation of employees; however in the absence of driving jobs or when needed the successful incumbent will do all general work required in the Department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Technical Manager.
Please specify the position that you are applying for due to multiple vacancies. If not your application will not be considered. A practical test will be done prior to the interview.
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B5 grade and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks.
Applications must be accompanied by a Cover letter, CV, copies of ID, Driver’s License, PDP and relevant qualifications to be submitted to the following address:
ATT: Ilze Jonker
Human Resource Department
Addo Elephant National Park
PO Box 52
If you have not been responded to within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) certificate.
- Previous experience for operating graders, TLB and other yellow metal
- 5 years Experience in driving official vehicles
- Code 14 Driver’s License plus PDP â passengers, goods and gasses
- Driving skills
- Good communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Basic admin and supervisory skills with the knowledge of various OHS and FSC rules and regulations.
- Valid operator certificate for Grader, TLB and any other related Yellow Metal Equipment is required. If not in possession of a valid certificate, your application will not be considered.
- The successful candidate will be required to reside within the national park.
- Driving and Operating Sewerage vehicle or a bus with a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of >16 000kg.
- Pump and Removal of sewerage waste;
- Operating of graders, TLB and other yellow metal
- Collection and Transporting Equipment, Goods and Passengers.
- Deliver Goods at different camps and/or Sections
- Take responsibility for goods from point of loading to point of delivery.
- Daily inspection of the vehicle according to a prescribed inspection sheet.
- Cleaning and maintaining of vehicles;
- Daily completion of trip sheets.
- Record keeping and other admin functions that arise from driving duties e.g Monthly completion of the vehicle log sheet
- To assist with the general duties of the Department in the absence of driving duties;
- Adhoc duties as required by the supervisor.
R 135 377 – R 172 190
Closing date:18 November 2021