Reporting to : Head Student Services and Sports Manager
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE Varsity College , Pretoria Campus has a vacancy for a Sport Co-ordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the registration process of the VC Sports Club and ensure all students that participate in sporting activities on campus, pay the annual VC Sports Club fees.
- Manage the VC Sports Club for the Pretoria Campus and drive and monitor student participation across all sports clubs on campus.
- Ensure the VC Sports Club caters for students wanting to participate in either an individual and/or team sport.
- Design, manage and co-ordinate, together with the Sports Club Captains, the campus sports calendar of events/fixtures/practises/leagues both on and off campus.
- Recruitment, selection and management of sports bursary students for all major Varsity College team sports clubs with the main focus being VC Softball Club.
- Recruitment, selection and management of the captains for each sports club on campus.
- Manage the administration and growth of the (VC Softball Club). e.g. player management, facilities management etc. Work with the campus PR & Events Co-ordinator to build the supporter base and social environment of the VC Softball Club.
- Provide accurate reporting of all sports activities for the Pretoria Campus, within the time frames provided.
- Be accountable for all sporting equipment, playing kit and apparrel owned by each campus’s Sports Club and maintain strict stock control procedures.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships with regards to venues, leagues and sponsorships.
- Manage and control the campus sports budget.
- Submit information and pictures of all VC Sports Club activities namely, practises, matches, events etc. for all VC social media platforms, press releases, VC website and the VC App.
- High level of organisational, administrative, computer and interpersonal skills required
- Best suited to an energetic, organised person who is gregarious in nature and who also enjoys planning sports events for students
- Effective time management and negotiation skills
- Public speaking
- Good knowledge of sport and sporting industry
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
- Three year degree or Higher Education Diploma in either Sport Management and Development or Marketing.
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience that supports organisational competencies. Experience in sport management is a must.
- Drivers License and Own Vehicle essential
- This is a Non-EE /AA role