Hollywoodbets have exiting opportunities available for X2 Sports Trader to be based in Argyle, Durban. The positions will be responsible to offer specialized betting on an assigned sport on all betting platforms (internet, mobile, branches) in order to make sure that Hollywood remains the leading sports betting operator in South Africa. To perform the necessary sports tasks and duties in a professional manner and pro-actively keep ahead of the competition in regard to sports betting and customer service. To make sure that the specified sport functions according to Hollywood’s guidelines and forecasts.
- 1 – 2 years administration experience.
- Strong betting knowledge.
- Own transport.
- Microsoft Office. (Word and Excel intermediate).
- Completed or studying towards a relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Experience within the betting industry.
- Valid driver’s Licence.
- Manage your assigned sport extensively to ensure the smooth running of the sport.
- Price up sports after completing extensive research on the teams, past results, standings and the global and local betting market. Offer competitive betting that is up to date.
- Monitor and adjust betting due to any betting market changes or liabilities.
- Analyse profit and loss figures for the sport to make sure that the sport achieves its required profit margins and desired turnover increase.
- Evaluate winning clients to determine whether limits need to be put in place for the punter. Make management aware of the clients in a report so that a final decision can be made.
- Communicate with clients whenever a limit is put in place or an adjustment is made to an account.
- Evaluate top winning tickets to make sure that odds and times are correct and that no mistakes were made.
- Compose a weekly report on your sport that is to be sent to management to inform them on all matters regarding the sport. Keep management up to date with any large liabilities.
- Forecast monthly turnover and profit figures and periodically check your current position to make sure that your sport is in line with desired monthly figure.
- Confirm big bets for the sport that are laid in branches or with the call center.
- Compile a comparison between local bookmakers in order to see our position in the market and if any potential threats are available.
- Update the outright betting for all tournaments.
- Result events as soon results are known to allow punters to receive their winnings as soon as possible.
- Assist and guide the ‘sports agents’ so they can function as effectively as possible.
- Request assistance for the creation of events from sports agents.
- Assist customers with any sports betting related queries or complaints and try to resolve any disputes in a professional and timeous manner. Also assist other departments or branches that need help with ticket or sports related queries.
- Assist the marketing department with the advertising your assigned sport as to keep them aware of upcoming tournaments or big winning bets or bet type that you wish to push. Also communicate with the social media department to advertise your sport and make customers aware of when betting is opened and what teams/players prices are.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Good business acumen and high ethical work standards.
- Ability to multitask and show initiative at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.