BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
RFID Experts Africa is currently seeking a Steel Cleaner who will be responsible for the cleaning, degreasing and finishing off of steel parts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12
- 1-2 years working experience in a production environment
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Listens and gets clarification
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to work under pressure
- Basic reading skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Use hand tools e.g. drill, grinder, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills: adding, subtracting, decimals and fractions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Prepare metalwork for galvanising.
- Drill holes according to galvanising specifications
- Counting bagging and labelling of parts after cleaning
Ad Hoc Duties:
- Assist with the installation of the products of clients’ property.
- Assist with production tasks as required.
- Ensuring that the production area is kept clean and tidy
- Carrying out of any other allocated tasks
- Adhering to the rules and regulation of Health and Safety