The Broll Property Group
Star Merchant has an exciting opportunity available for a Stock Controller (Junior) to be based in Team Support- Umhlanga, Durban. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring day to day stock requests are following the correct ordering processes and orders are approved as per the approval procedures. Ensure buying department is made aware of all special purchases. Ensuring that all general stock queries are sorted out timeously according to the department procedures. Ensuring that all general stock picking slips are generated on time according to the department’s procedures, which need to be adhered to at all times. Ensure any back orders or delays in stock ordered are communicated to the customers clearly and timeously. Communicate accurate estimated delivery dates to the customer taking into buying lead time and logistics/transport time. Be aware of what is in the second-hand warehouse. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives, goal plans and targets. Comply with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Focus on general customers. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making.
- Competent in MS Office product.
- Pastel Evolution.
Financial metrics/operational duties:
- Ensuring that all general stock picking slips for allocated regions are generated on time according to the department’s procedures, which need to be adhered to at all times.
- Check with the warehouse by C.O.B each day to see if goods have been dispatched to ensure all customers’ deadlines have been met.
- Ensure items outstanding to customers are dispatched timeously.
- Assist customer with queries on pricing and stock availability.
- Ensure any back orders or delays in stock ordered are communicated to the customers clearly and timeously. As communication is the key factor in the department.
- Ensure all items on Back order are invoiced once stock has been received.
- Communicate accurate estimated delivery dates to the customer taking into buying lead time and logistics/transport time.
- Ensure correct customer are being charged and all relative information is supplied to the warehouse.
- Verifying of fellow Stock Controllers picking slip ensuring all items are dispatched as per the customers specification or requirement.
- Communicate with the buying department on all back order and special request.
- At times assist the Warehouse team with picking and packing of special requests also including dispatching of goods.
- Ensure customer queries are sorted timeously and that communication is always top priority.
- Provide support to the sales team. Communication is key.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself and the onus is placed on you to set-up performance review meetings with the Stock Control Team Leader/Manager.
Compliance, risk and quality:
- 100% compliance with company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- 100% Compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula linked work/templates/workbooks/financial models – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Declare all gifts.
- Do not accept kickbacks. Instances to be reported immediately.
- Declare all conflicts of interest upfront.
Growth and new markets/products:
- Assist with projects as directed from time to time.
- Adhere to measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short term, medium term and long-term goals of the company.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent problem solving and reporting abilities.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.
- Must be deadline and result driven.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please be advised that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.