The Imibala Trust- Stock controller
The Imibala Trust
The Imibala Trust was established in 2005 to address, in meaningful and measurable ways, the upliftment of school-children in the Helderberg Basin whose lives are adversely affected by poverty and unemployment.
The Imibala Trust seeks to appoint a Stock controller to be based in Cape Town.
Contribute and assist the Imibala Trust staff with the Sponsor-a-Child program by ensuring stock availability and accessibility to ensure an efficient operation.
SPECIFIC TASKS RELATED TO THIS POSITION
- Preparing of orders for various stock items
- Placing of stock orders with suppliers
- Liaison with the Imibala Trust staff to ensure stock levels are up to standard to cover the demand.
- Liaison with the finance team around funds available to purchase stock items.
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of orders.
- Ensure quality, colours etc. of the stock received meets requirements
- Build positive relationships with the suppliers.
- Receiving of stock and accurately checking it into the stock records.
- Provide bookkeeper with the supplier invoice for stock received
- Ensure overall tidiness of the stock room to ensure stock is easily identifiable and accessible.
- Assist the Imibala Trust staff with the distribution of the stock.
- Keep accurate record of the stock distributed on the Pastel stock system.
- Prepare monthly stock sheets for stocktaking.
- Perform the monthly physical stock take.
- Assist the auditors with their annual stock take spot-checks
- Compare the monthly physical stock take with the stock sheets and follow up any discrepancies.
- Communicate any discrepancies and possible improvements to the stock system, within reasonable time, with management.
- Drive cost savings by continuous negotiations with the various suppliers.
- Replenish stock on a daily basis to insure stock is ready and available for the follow group
- Ensure proper filing systems are in place for stock records as well as regular filing of record
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Physical ability to perform all manual tasks.
- Well organised.
- Systems driven.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and within deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPEREINCE:
- At least 3 years experience in stock control
- Qualification in stock control will be beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience of Sage Pastel will be beneficial
Please submit your CV (with references) and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
The Imibala Trust reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about The Imibala Trust, refer to www.imibala.com