Stock controller/ Ward secretary (combined position) – A&E Unit
- Stock controller/ Ward secretary
- Life Anncron Hospital
- Stock controller/ Ward secretary (combined position) – A&E Unit
- A vacancy exists for a Stock controller/ Ward secretary based at Life Anncron Hospital, reporting to Natashja Veldman. The purpose of this role is to manage the ordering and receiving of ward stock in the emergency unit. Combined with administrative tasks.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behavior, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring of effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- General administrative experience – at least 1 year
- Sound knowledge/Experience of stock control in a hospital environment – at least 1 year
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Coordinating of patients’ appointments.
- Good Organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and function effectively in a busy ward.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Good interpersonal skills and working well in a team
- Time management skills
- A person who is result orientated, pays attention to detail, has excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills is needed.
- Customer focus, a commitment towards continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and the management of time is required
- Closing date
- Friday, March 19, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.