Dis-Chem Pharmacies requires a Bookkeeper at our Head Office in Midrand. You will be required to develop systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures, maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions and balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries for allocated stores and properties.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- A relevant Accounting Qualification
- Minimum of 6 months Bookkeeping experience
- SAP Experience
- Prepare petty cash, cheques and journals on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assist with general admin duties in the department this includes but is not limited to ordering stationary, collecting post a documents signed by director, etc.
- Do monthly journals for relevant accounts.
- Do monthly VAT for relevant joint venture stores.
- Administrate admin, advert and royalty fee invoices for joint ventures on a monthly basis.
- Create store profitability reports.
- Make various EFT payments for the stores.
- Do Monthly Cashbook import.
- Prepare and send tenant invoices.
- Prepare IRP5`s for relevant properties.
- Capture paid invoices and do payment runs.
- Review the monthly financials.
- Send the monthly check list to the National Cash up Manager and relevant Regional Cash Up Managers.
- Basic knowledge of the bookkeeping principles and the financial transactional processes
- English – Read, write and speak well
- Must have an aptitude for numbers
- Discreet, trustworthy and honest and team player
- Good problem-solving skills
- Be organised and be able to pay attention to detail to avoid making mistakes
- Advanced computer skills- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 2nd additional Language – Speak Well
Special conditions of employment:
- Needs to work under pressure and reach tight deadlines
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.