- Life St George’s Hospital
- Stores Assistant
- A Vacancy exists for a Stores Assistant based at Life St George’s Hospital, reporting to the Inventory Manager. The job entails the professional receipt and supply of surgical stock to wards and theatre, as well as the procurement and handling of surgical stock.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective stock Management
- Accurate issuing of stock to wards, theatres and patients
- Receiving, control and distribution of stock as well as maintaining efficient stock levels
- Active involvement in stock-takes, cycle counts and product conversions
- The efficient distribution of stock to sister hospitals and returns to suppliers
- Receiving stock and checking it against the invoice and order
- Unpacking and storage of stock
Effective quality management systems
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
- Achieve required customer service levels in theatre and wards.
- Implement customer satisfaction and pharmacy quality initiatives.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure security of stock in all locations.
Effective financial management
- Participate and drive formulary conversions and compliance in accordance with Excellence for Life reports.
Effective product management
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of surgical stock in line with revenue and budget.
- Assist in deadstock and overstock reduction drives
Effective asset management
- Participate in achieving stock targets.
- Drive improvement in identified pharmacy operational efficiencies
- Achieve optimal system utilization.
- Grade 12
- Computer Literacy is Essential (MS Office, Word, Excel)
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills as well as a strong customer orientation
- The ability to follow a procedure and to work under pressure
- Service orientated personality
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- 086 683 6827
- Closing date
- Friday, April 30, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.