The Strength and Conditioning coach will form part of the Bishops Sports Performance and Wellness (SPW) programme and will assist the Biokinetics. The Strength and Conditioning duties include both gym-based and field-based training.
The position is effective from January 2022.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the school main gym and be responsible for the upkeep, inventory, and ordering of gym equipment.
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and implementing strength, and conditioning programmes for Bishops Pre-Prep, Prep, and College
- Interact and correspond with coaches about the strength and conditioning programmes for their teams
- Conduct sports specific testing
- Head up all sports science classes- Including planning, scheduling, data capturing, and analysing of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as independently
- Strong admin skills and excellent time management skills
- The ability to accurately measure and monitor essential physical components with student-athletes
Minimum Job Requirements
- A relevant degree or advanced qualification in Strength and Conditioning.
- One to two years’ experience operating in a similar position
Interested applicants should email a short CV with a covering letter and details of three references to Chris Ekron on firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 September 2021. Please use the referenceStrength and Conditioning Coach in the subject line.
Only short-listed contacts will be contacted by 15 September 2021.