To ensure an educational/social/personal/supportive experience for students which maximises their experience and development at Vega
08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
3 year degree
BA Office Administration/ Psychology/ Social work related fields
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate
- People skills
1-3 years Administration or Academic Assistant Experience (preferably in an academic environment).
Knowledge of academic compliance, functions/activities within Higher Education environment
Key Performance Areas:
- Manages and organise Registration Week and Co-ordinates Orientation Week
- Manages specific student portfolio to optimise student experience
- Primary contact person for all academic issues on allocated portfolio of students
- Provides assessment dates and academic material & any other student related information to lecturers and students
- Provides link between the student and the lecturers to deal with concerns proactively
- Manages Red Flagging process for students, e.g poor academic performance or poor attendance. Coordinates and runs meetings twice a year with relevant lecturers.
- Verifies entry requirements for new admissions, Complies with all IIE/Vega processes and procedures
Student Liaison and Counselling support
- Monitors performance of “at risk” and potentially “at risk” students to involve parents proactively where necessary.
- Refers specific student cases to Wellness Navigator for counselling, e.g time management skills, study skills or crises counselling management
- Builds relationship with students and direct them to correct person to assist with either academic or emotional challenges.
- Facilitates the process whereby students adjust to the tertiary environment by coordinating student support services
- Presents a very visible presence to students from orientation throughout the course of their studies to ease the adjustment for them
- Encourages student to participate in various wellness initiatives taking place on campus e.g blood donation, Discovery Health checks etc
Student Administration and Recordkeeping:
- Manages each student physical and electronic student file (current and past students) by ensuring correct documentation is available and recorded
- Continuously track International student visa status, conditional admissions and special concessions
- Maintains and updates all relevant student records on the System for Academic Management (SAM)
- Coordinates the registration process and ensures that each student is registered correctly
- Coordinates the graduation process by updating systems and coordinating all academic logistics for the graduation ceremony, eg certificates, awards
- Responsible for verifying student results, releasing CASS and Final Results
- Manages all assessment cycles in collaboration with the Assessment Navigator (Officer)
Alumni and Internship Management:
- Develops and maintains general corporate/agency/ industry database for assisting students with internship requests
- Alumni – maintain relationship and stays in touch
Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays when required.
Preferably equity candidate.