Supervisor Mechanical &Electrical (Eastern Cape) (7623)
Supervisor: Electrical & Mechanical (Eastern Cape)
Reporting line : Logistics Manager
Division : Logistical Services
Scale Code : 403
Position ID : 60017930
CLOSING DATE : 29 APRIL 2021
Reporting to Logistics Manager: To supervise; a planned maintenance schedule, ad-hoc repairs, and installations of all electrical & Mechanical equipment to buildings and all broadcast facilities, in order to ensure the maximum effectiveness of these systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. BUSINESS OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY
- Manage the maintenance and repairs of mechanical & Electrical equipment and facilities.
- Co-ordination role in contracts
- Manage, organize, plan and control operational activities
- Carry out quality checks
- Set up and control Maintenance schedules
2. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Ensure accurate and sound administration in the preparation and control of costs with no wasteful expenditure.
- Budget Management
- Implement measures to make financial savings
3. GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- Maintain effective health and safety environment, including completion of risk assessments and Tool box talks
- Monitor and enforce safety legal requirements on all electrical equipment.
- Participate in development and implementation of SOP’s
4. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- Maintaining the agreed and signed Service Level Agreements
- Contract Performance management
- Facilitate payment processes for service providers on SAP
- Prepare Technical reports
- Implement effective workflow processes
- Manage purchasing for new equipment and repairs.
- Prepare Business cases
6. LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Supervise the team to resolve any issues that arise out of work process and to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
- Effective contracting and evaluation of Performance Management.
- Effective management of Employment Relations issues within the Business Unit.
- Manage the workload of the team.
- Effective briefing and communication with departmental staff.
- Provide direction on the attraction and retention of staff.
- Supervise staff
- Training of staff
- Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering (NQF level 6) or Equivalent qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in a maintenance and build environment
- Experience in three phase electrical system, standby generators and UPS
- Experience in air conditioning plants, chillers, refrigerant and water system
- Experience in leading a team
- Financial management (Some Instances)
- Business planning (Some Instances)
- Management information systems (Limited)
- Financial reporting (Limited)
- Project Management (Limited)
- Contract Management (Limited)
- HR Business Processes and Systems understanding. (Limited)
- Understanding of related Policy (Procurement and safety Policies) (Limited)
- Technology related Systems ( Some Instances)
- Technical Knowledge (Advanced)
- Computer Package
- People Management
- Customer relationship