SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
(FIXED TERM CONTRACT FOR 24 MONTHS)
There is an exciting Internship opportunity for 1 Supply Chain Management Intern within the
CHIETA. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the SCM unit and
other business units within CHIETA. This position reports to the SCM Specialist and is based at the
CHIETA Head Office in Gauteng. Candidates who meet the below requirements of the position are
invited to apply:
Requirements: Minimum Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain Management / Public Finance, and
Accounting or related qualification.
Experience: Preferably graduates with no work experience.
Knowledge: Computer literacy skills (MS Office) are essential.
Stipend: R7, 000.00 (Seven Thousand Rands) on the 15th day of every month, less any income
tax that the Employer is required to deduct in terms of the relevant tax laws.
Skills & Behavioural competencies: Planning and Organisation Skills • Communication (oral
and written) • Problem-solving ability • Diversity awareness • Confidentiality, ethics, integrity, and
professionalism • Detail orientation • Teamwork.
Key Performance Areas
• Procurement through the quotation system process.
• Sourcing of suppliers from Central Supplier Database.
• Compilation and evaluating price quotations.
• Conducting product and services market research.
• Compiling and submission of Annual procurement plans and quarterly reporting.
• Participate in overall tender process management.
• Participate and assist various bid committees with bid management.
• Perform inventory management functions including monthly inventory reconciliations.
• Perform travel arrangements bookings including monthly diner’s reconciliation.
• Perform contract management functions.
• Assist the Supply chain management specialist with expenditure trend analysis.
• Drafting of various reports and compliance management.
• Conduct Adhoc supply chain management functions as and when required.
Interested persons are invited to submit their CVs by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or
before the closing date: 06 August 2021. If no feedback is provided to you by 30 September
2021, please regard your application to be unsuccessful.
POPIA Disclaimer: By applying for this vacancy/position, you consent to the use and retention
of your personal information to complete your application under the Protection of Personal
Information Act, 4 of 2013. CHIETA will preserve and safeguard personal information, and no
data will be shared with third parties or used for reasons other than those for which it was
CHIETA is committed to the advancement of Employment Equity. Successful applicants will be
subjected to background checks and undertake required assessments.
CHIETA reserves the right not to make an appointment.