JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Manager (External) SALARY GROUP: Management (109) LOCATION: Western Cape
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain Management POST NUMBER : To be advised! REFERENCE: CMR/HR/REC/20-09/01
To manage and implement strategic procurement policies, procedures and systems, oversee and streamline procurement procedures in accordance with the organisation’s
BEE Strategy, Supply Chain Policy and the provision of sustainable Rail Commuter Services
OUTPUTS: • Annual spend analysis in line with stress model.
• Continually challenge current processes, investigate and introduce approved Supply Chain enhancements.
• Maintain Material availability
• Engineering projects implementation
• SCM Policy compliance
• Achieve BBBEE Target as set by board
• Strategic sourcing
• Regional custodian of Regional Tender and Procurement
• Implement and maintain an effective system for budget control and spend within allocated budget.
• Attract and retain critical staff in line with Human Resources policy
KNOWLEDGE: SKILLS: ATTITUDES:
• In-depth knowledge of contract
• Knowledge of PFMA, PPPFA,
Framework on Supply Chain
Management, BBBEE and CIDB.
• Good understanding of Materials
• Project Management
• In-depth understanding of Supply
• Chain Management
• Basic finance, financial control
• Good computer literacy (MS
Professional Suite and Internet)
• Problem solving
• Excellent communication and
• Good interpersonal skills
• Conflict resolution
• Team player
• Lateral thinker
• Good Organisational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong coaching skills
• Ability to work under
• Positive and motivated
• Quality orientated
• Business awareness
• Goal orientated
• Customer orientated
• Strategic orientated
• Tertiary qualification diploma/degree in
Logistics, Supply Chain or Finance.
• 4-8 years Commercial Experience.
• Minimum of 4 years at management level
in the Procurement and Supply Chain
• Drivers Licence and own transport
• Knowledge and understanding of the
• Working knowledge and understanding of
SAP procurement applications
• Professional membership such as CIPS
• SAP Procurement applications.
Please apply by sending your updated and completed CV, and certified copies of your qualifications to:
CLOSING DATE: 16 April 2021
Should you not hear from us within three (3)
months from the closing date, please consider
your application unsuccessful.