Direct Reporting Line:
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’s Varsity College Cape Town campus has a vacancy for a Teaching and Learning Specialist (T&L Specialist).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality Assurance of Teaching and Learning
- Ensure compliance and quality enhancement in all teaching and learning processes and initiatives.
Management and Development of Teaching Practice on Campus.
- Work to develop lecturer’s teaching skills and reflective practice through a process of continuous conversation that includes the teaching portfolio, peer reviews, SETs and continuous development plan.
- Implement training workshops for IC lecturer development (Specifically lecturers’ reflective teaching practice and marking practice) based on Peer reviews; SETs and development plans.
Teaching and Learning Culture on campus
- Promotes a Teaching and Learning Culture on campus by building communities of best academic practice and drives uptake of contemporary developments in Teaching and Learning for the lecturers.
- The incumbant is required to promote a culture of scholarship within their practice, discipline and campus/team and is also required to contribute towards The IIE’s Varsity College achieving its annual research output targets.
Teaching and Learning Resource
- Collaborate with Programme Managers, Educational technologists; Permanent lecturers and National Teaching and Learning Manager, in planning, brainstorming and problem solving on Teaching and Learning matters.
- Lectures 1 module per semester (not exceeding 70 hours in total).
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage work and self proactively
- A proven track record of effective teaching based on a reflective practice
- Tolerance for operating in a pressurised environment and industry
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage relationships with managers and staff effectively in terms of motivation, quality, and performance
- Proven computer literacy
- Demonstrated competence in being solutions driven
- Experience in the use of technology to enhance learning is an added advantage
Minimum Qualification requirements:
- Bachelors Degree PLUS Postgraduate Diploma/ Bachelors Honours Degree in Education (PGCE or B.Ed).
- Higher postgraduate qualification (Med; MA; Mphil; PhD) preferable.
Minimum Work Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years Teaching and Learning experience (preferably in teaching environment).
- Must have experience in using technology to enhance learning and an understanding of the current regulatory framework and its impact on higher education and private colleges.
- EE/AA Position
CLOSING DATE: 11 June 2021
Any applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Should you encounter difficulty applying for this vacancy, you can email your CV (ONLY) directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org