The Teaching Experience Coordinator (TEC) will manage student placements for school-based work integrated learning (WIL) (Teaching Experience) across all qualifications within the School of Education.
Key Performance Area:
- Building partnerships with schools to source and secure school placements for students on the identified campus/es :
- Discussions with principals/mentor teachers, visits to schools, telephonic and email communication
- Establish and maintain a rolling database of schools.
- Report in to the campus/es School of Education (SoE) Programme Managers (PM) or Vice Principal Academics (VPA) (where no SoE PM)
Placement of students in schools
- Consult placement forms from registered students at start of year and allocate students to schools
- Communicate onto student’s their final school placement
- Track student school placements over the required years of the programme to ensure diversity in school experience
- All written communique with schools done in consultation with the Campus SoE PM / VPA and Head of School Education:
Letters to schools
- Collate the Information for the Mentor Teacher Information pack
- Teaching Experience Supervisors
- Source supervisors as per the Teaching Experience Supervisor’s Scope
- Establish a database of supervisors for campus consideration
- Ensure a professional and harmonious relationship with partner schools
- Support the campus/es in the organisation and conducting of the workshops
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
IIE Rosebank College reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates. Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
IIE Rosebank College reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.