PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
The District Development Model (DDM) is an integrated planning Model for Cooperative Governance & Traditional Affairs (CoGTA) which seeks to be a new integrated, district-based, service delivery approach aimed at fast-tracking service delivery and ensure municipalities are adequately supported and resourced to carry out their mandate.
Across the 44 districts and 8 Metropolitans in the country, all developmental initiatives will be viewed through a district level lens; ‘one district, one plan’.
The Company is the programme implementation agency (PIA) responsible for supporting CoGTA in implementing the District Development Model.
In line with this PIA role, the Company seeks to a appoint Team Administrator to provide administrative support to Programme Implementation Office.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Maintain and manage the diary of Heads and Specialists, scheduling of appointments, arranging meetings, collecting visitors from reception and organizing refreshments.
- Attend to general queries made to the Heads and answer and screens incoming calls.
- Responsible for document flow in and out of the Programme Implementation Office.
- Develop and maintain advanced record keeping (manual / electronic) and filling systems for the Programme Implementation Office.
- Performs high level administrative and secretarial duties including typing, editing of reports and preparing presentations.
- Compilation of confidential correspondence and general documentation.
- Undertakes all administrative duties (i.e. filing, photocopying and minute taking).
- Responsible for arranging of local and international travelling arrangements and the processing of claims.
- Responsible for leave administration on behalf of Heads (if applicable).
- Undertake procurement administration for the Programme Implementation Office.
- Assist in the coordination/preparation and alignment of performance scorecard/s, track and monitor implementation thereof.
- Undertake project/programme management initiatives as directed by the relevant business heads and specialists.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Programme Implementation Office budgets and monitors spend thereof together with the relevant financial controller.
- Prepare and present reports concerning activities, expenses, budgets and other items affecting the unit.
- Co-ordination and preparation of reports and Unit/s submissions for the Programme Implementation Office
- Participate in meetings and interactions in order to ensure the recording of decisions and follow-up.
- Coordinate Programme Implementation Office audits and review and monitoring activities.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of submissions to Board, Business Review, Management Committees, Ad hoc Resolutions from specific committees (secretariat).
- Any administration duties as assigned.
- Management of diaries and schedules
- Management of office administration (budget, procurement, presentations, etc.)
- Efficient and accountable document flow
- Accurate record keeping.
- Excellent arrangement of local and international trips
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An administration/ secretarial diploma or an equivalent qualification is a requirement;
- A minimum of 5 years administration and/or secretarial working experience.
- Demonstrated project administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of coordinating project health checks and preparing project folder of audits
- High proficiency with Windows applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS-Word, MS Excel (at an advanced level of proficiency), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- A minimum typing speed of 55 wpm to 60 wpm are required.
- Considerable knowledge of standard administration practices and procedures is a necessity for this position;
- Excellent knowledge of protocol and etiquette;
- An understanding of organizational processes and group dynamics
- Project Management Qualification