The Coffee Importers and Roasters Organisation (CIRO) is a true coffee emporium. As the preferred one-stop solution, CIRO offers expert services in sourcing, roasting, blending, packaging, training, equipment, technical support, national and international distribution, and market trend analysis. As the largest manufacturer of pure coffee in South Africa, it is easy to understand why CIRO is a noteworthy front runner within the coffee service industry and renowned for consistent quality, innovative product formats, and extra value offering.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Technical Manager Inland at CIRO Meadowdale. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Re-engineer processes and procedures to improve efficiencies, reduce operational cost and decrease response time to our customers.
- Understand and analyse technical cost drivers.
- Implementation of controls and reports to manage cost expenditure.
- Develop annual operational budgets and or profit forecasts quarterly and manage execution in line with budgets.
- Develop technical CAPEX budget and motivate where needed to the Supply Chain Executive.
- Continuously improve technical revenue for equipment sales and billable repairs through new product development and sourcing spares cheaper.
- Create a business culture that takes financial and money spend considerations into account whilst in the process of repairing equipment.
- Lead, coach and mentor the Technical team.
- Ensure that the Apprenticeship program is kept relevant and is implemented.
- Ensure Ciro Technical is kept informed of and operates within AVI policy, local regulations and legislation and good corporate governance.
- Build strong and meaningful relationships with FAWU.
- Hold weekly technical meetings with sales management to ensure service delivery and technical excellence.
Procurement & Management of equipment and spares
- Good sound working relationships with local and international suppliers.
- Purchasing contracts are loaded and kept updated on SAP to effectively manage pricing variances in the procure-to-pay process.
- Monitor import freight costs and ensure recovery is built into the pricing margins with the commercial team.
- Source equipment pipeline demand from sales to derive equipment purchasing plans.
- Submit Forex forecasting report in line with equipment purchasing plans to Supply Chain Executive.
- Ensure sufficient stock of spares is available to meet repair demand using 3 months consumption, lead times, and MRP principles.
- Ensure adequate processes, controls, and systems are in place to deploy spares to 32 locations.
- Identify and select suitable service providers based on business criteria, service quality, and costs.
- Enter into a service agreement with approved vendors.
- Quarterly supplier performance evaluations and selections.
- Appropriate inventory management controls implemented to mitigate risk.
- Cycle count program in places for stores, regions, and technical boot stocks.
- Quarterly stock takes in place for equipment, spares, and assets.
- Review and evaluate current processes in order to reduce costs or improve response times whilst maintaining control and service delivery excellence.
- Lead and advisory role for improvements or changes to the uplift, installation, repair, re-sign workflows.
- Implement daily, weekly, monthly performance indicators for the effective monitoring of technical effectiveness and take corrective action decisively as and when required to do so.
- Technical data analytics and reports to be run accurately and published as per the SLA with internal customers.
- Ensure that job cards are closed timeously and spares consumed accurately.
- Customer surveys were implemented and results analysed to drive improvements within Ciro.
- Ensure resolution for all problematic equipment by consulting with the international support network
Implementation of operational improvement projects
- Identify strategic initiatives that will improve the operational efficiency of the technical team
- Monitor and control the implementation of the initiative /project.
- Apply good project governance in terms of regular project and steering committee meetings
SHE and risk management
- Ensure all technical staff adheres to policies and procedures to create a safe and healthy work environment.
- Chair SHE Committee Meetings.
- Incident Investigator.
- Support SHE Officer.
- Ensure achievement of all SHE administration requirements.
- Develop an action plan to rectify any risks or safety concerns identified during the annual risk audit with Marsh.
- Include SHE investment costs into the Capex budget.
- Make sure the sites have the correct amount of certified fire defense fighters and first aiders.
- Ensure all SHE committee members and managers or team leaders comply with inspection registers and safety protocols
- Thinking Analytically
- Documenting facts
- Thinking rationally
- Building relationships
- Making decisions
- Meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Minimizing risk
- Grade 12
- Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic) Qualification advantageous
- Coffee Dispensing Equipment knowledge
- Microsoft office
- 4 years in Management of a Technical Environment
- 5 Years FMCG/Coffee/Service Industry/Rental/Placement of Machines