Technical Officer (Knysna Section)
26 August 2021
Garden Route National Park
A fixed-term vacancy for a period of three months currently exists for a Technical Officer at Garden Route National Park, Knysna. The successful candidate will report to the Park Manager, with the responsibility of managing the technical services functions and infrastructure maintenance of the Park.
Paterson Grading: C4
Note: a practical test will form part of the interview process.
The Cost to Employer remuneration package is based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson C4 job grade and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks. The successful candidate will have to stay in official accommodation inside the park.
Please send your Cover letter, CV, certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and relevant qualifications to the following address:
ATT: Cheryl Wiley,
Garden Route National Park
PO Box 314, Knysna 6570
Tel: 044 302 5600
Applications that have not been responded to within 21 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
- A tertiary technical qualification â National Senior / National N Certificate or National N Diploma – N5/6 (NQF level 5) in the electrical / civils / mechanical fields and at least two years of practical experience in the field at a supervisory level;
- Proven project management skills/ qualification will serve as an added advantage;
- National Trade Certificate
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Office
- Code EB driver’s license
- Occupational Health and Safety certificate
- Project Management skills/experience
- Sound working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and other relevant pieces of legislation;
- Good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Must be willing to work irregular hours for emergencies if needed.
- To manage civil and building maintenance by agreed procedures on a 24-hour immediate response basis to ensure a favourable visitor and operational environment.
- To execute and supervise trade-related work such as repairs, maintenance to buildings structures, services, roads and equipment;
- To investigate and resolve problems that are of a technical nature;
- To monitor and manage maintenance contractors, including quality control and to ensure compliance with SABS buildings regulations to increase life expectancy of structures;
- To manage resources by monitoring machines, equipment, inventory and materials to ensure optimal functioning by submitting a yearly comprehensive plant and infrastructure servicing and replacement schedule;
- To manage and monitor daily work of technical services staff in different sections;
- To perform all administrative related tasks including budget control, ordering of materials/parts, stock control and monthly and quarterly variance reports on all technical related expenditure;
- To execute tasks as per various OHS Section 16.2 appointments including reports on regular meetings and risk assessments to be OHS compliant;
- To manage staff-related issues that include training and exposure towards multiskilling and technology
- To assist with the compilation of the maintenance budget and technical services HR budgeting.
CLOSING DATE: 8 SEPTEMBER 2021