MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist the Installations Technician with installing of cabling of an alarm system, drilling and be able to connect detectors and the panel. Be able to power-up and walk-test the system.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Wireman
- Electronic knowledge advantageous
JOB REQUIREMENTS & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- PSIRA registered advantageous
- Proven ability to work under pressure and show attention to detail
- Knowledge of programming.
- Assist technician with installations of alarm and security equipment
- Assist technician by removing old equipment from clients premises
- Assist by running new cables, applying glue, drill holes, mount detectors, panels, contacts, lights, etc
- Inform technician of any shortfalls or limitations of the equipment and tools
- Inform technician of cabling required for an installation
- Assist technician with user functions and be able to do a handover
- Clean vehicles and premises after an installation
COMPETENCIES ( TECHNICAL & BEHAVIOURAL)
- Time management
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Functional / Technical skills
- Interpersonal savvy
- Problem solving
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.