Theatre Ward Clerk/Booking clerk – Main OT
- Life Westville Hospital
- Theatre Ward Clerk/Booking clerk – Main OT
- We are looking for an excellent communicator, with sound organisational skills to join our Main Theatre team. We require a person who will be responsible for coordinating and managing the theatre bookings on a daily basis. This position reports to the Theatre Manager, Beverly Rampershad.
- Critical Outputs
- To assist with Theatre slate management, coordination and control.
- To compile monthly Theatre activity statistics.
- High professional standards and a commitment to your own development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work within a team.
- To assist with printing preference cards for booked theatre procedures.
- To assist with other tasks as required.
- Grade 12
- Theatre bookings/ admin experience would be an advantage.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in a hospital.
- Knowledge of Impilo and Imeds would be an advantage
- Compulsory – must be computer literate
- Will need to coordinate daily theatre bookings and produce a well -planned electronic slate daily.
- Keep theatre activity statistics updated
- Able to coordinate add ons and emergency cases
- Good interpersonal skills with doctors and doctors secretaries
- Good planning and organising skills and time management
- Knowledge of different Theatre procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to deal with stress and the ability to multi task.
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Candidates are requested to specify the vacancy in the subject line of application.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.