Iemas Financial Services
To collect debt, assist with the repossession of vehicles and the disposal of such assets with objective of minimizing risk to Iemas Financial Services.
- Prioritise accounts for collection.
- Contact customers to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist them in developing repayment plans to bring there account up to date.
- Where members cannot be contacted through provided contact details, making use of tracing tools (ITC, CPB & Experian) to find and locate them.
- Update credit bureaux systems with trace alerts.
- Follow up on trace alert notifications
- Assign accounts out for repossession with repossession agents in a timely manner.
- Arrange for collection of assets and delivery to disposal unit.
- Ensure relevant support documents are supplied by repossession agents: Voluntary surrender, Inspection sheets, Loss affidavits, Court order affidavits, Annexure D, Towing request, Court order.
- Maintain internal and external relationships including relationships with repossession agents, valuators, storage venue and auctioneers.
- Manage and monitor performance of Repossession Agents in line with SLA
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal stakeholders. This includes, pre-legal, legal and debt review teams and finance department to ensure timely payments.
- Generate settlements amounts and always include legal fees and calculating unearned interest (this is only done within legal and asset recovery).
- Assist member with statements, Natis and other related matters.
- Handle client queries and complaints and escalate where needed.
- Update member account w.r.t NCA and keep records in line with filing and document management processes and procedures.
- Compile and submit reports to direct manager weekly, monthly and as required.
- Grade 12
- Computer Literacy
- Diploma Credit Management ( desirable)
- 2 years Debt collections administration
- 1 – 2 years Asset Recovery and Repossession
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict handling
- Interpersonal skills
- Portfolio management