Trade Worker (Wilderness)
05 August 2021
Garden Route National Park
A fixed-term (six months) vacancy currently exists for Trade Worker at Garden Route National Park, Wilderness Section. The successful candidate will report directly to the Technical Officer.
Paterson Grading: B4
Please indicate the position you’re applying for and address your application, accompanied by a CV and certified documents to:
Garden Route National Park – Wilderness Section
Attention: Nadia Brooks
Po Box 35
Tel: 044 877 0046
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B4 job grade and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks. Accommodation will be provided.
Candidates who have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful.
- Grade 12 is essential.
- Three years related experience.
- Basic Knowledge of applicable legislation
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, electrical etc.
- Basic Financial discipline would be desirable
- Administration knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conflict management
- Code EB driver’s license
- Do standby duties from time to time as and when required and work overtime
- Work on weekends & public holidays when required.
- Physically carrying out semi-skilled tasks such as building, tiling, painting plumbing and small electrical works in accordance with predetermined quality and productivity, and set standards.
- Trade-related work such as repairs or maintenance to buildings, structures, etc.
- Routine maintenance of which includes all tourist buildings, staff accommodation, ablution blocks, administration and technical buildings. But not limited to other requirements in civil building areas, new and existing.
- Daily stock control reporting and documentation of any anomalies to supervisor.
- General cleaning and upkeep of work areas, technical stores and equipment.
- Perform daily services throughout the park providing a clean, safe and pleasant environment for staff and visitors.
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks as required by Supervisor / Management.
- To provide on the job training to General Workers within applicable sections.
R 8 979
Closing date: 18 August 2021