Designing the future of learning.
We create tailor-made learning experiences that are delivered via the Edge digital coursebook – our solution to online courseware.
We collaborate with our clients and empower them as educators. By offering holistic EdTech solutions, we enrich their students’ learning experiences – thereby contributing to the education of economically active and socially engaged citizens who will ultimately drive the future of South Africa in a global community.
At Edge, we are educationalists and technologists. We believe that why you learn is just as important as what and how you learn. We believe in the power of education to improve lives, society, and the world.
This belief drives us to challenge the status quo of education, and to lead the way through innovative, quality digital courseware that is fit for purpose.
Reporting to: head of content
Employment type: full-time
Minimum experience: three+ years in a PM role
Purpose of this role:
Plan and organise production schedules for the content development team to ensure all projects are delivered on time.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a functional content production roadmap
- Assessing project and resource requirements to ensure production scalability
- Compiling project budgets and timescales with managers and Head of Content
- Prioritising project demands and tasks using agile methodology
- Using Jira to manage and control production activities
- Tracking hours spent against the budget available, ensuring the project is completed with the allocated resources (and facilitating approvals for more)
- Recognising and troubleshooting issues
- Organising and leading project status meetings
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Keep all stakeholders up-to-date through continuous, clear communication
- Expert organisational skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- Remains calm under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills across all job levels
- Knowledge of PM processes, workflow and tools (Jira, Trello)
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Agile certification and experience of working in an agile environment is preferred
Posted on 01 October, Closing date 28 Nov 2021